RealTuning.IT

ass the ball,

Punto di Ritrovo. Sezione dove poter scambiare due chiacchiere.

Moderatore: RT Moderators

ass the ball,

Messaggiodi douhua2233 » mar ago 14, 2018 05:16

OTTAWA — It’s never a good thing when the most commonly used word in a team’s dressing room after a game is “regroup.”

It’s even worse when that team is in the Florida Panthers‘ situation.

The Panthers’ playoff hopes took a seriously blow with a 4-3 setback in Toronto on Wednesday Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , a game that saw them fall into a 3-0 hole before it was 14 minutes old. The loss leaves the Panthers (39-29-7) three points behind the surging New Jersey Devils in the race for the final wild card spot in the Eastern Conference.

Florida has one game in hand, but only seven left on the schedule.

“This team has been pretty consistent over the second half of the season,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said after the game, “but tonight, for the first 20 minutes, we weren’t.”

Probably needing to run the table, the Panthers will be right back in action when they visit the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday.

“It’s tough to swallow, but it’s back-to-back,” said Jonathan Huberdeau, who scored twice against the Leafs. “We have to regroup tomorrow.”

The sentiments were shared by goalie Roberto Luongo.

“This one hurts,” he said, “but we have to regroup and be prepared to come back tomorrow night.”

While Luongo was solid in Toronto Clay Matthews Jersey , he’ll likely give way to James Reimer for the team’s second game in 24 hours. Reimer would be a good choice against this foe either way, as he has a career mark of 13-5-2 against the Senators that includes a 7-2 victory in Ottawa last week.

That lopsided loss was for the Senators (26-39-11) was the second of what’s turned into a six-game skid. They now sit only three points ahead of the NHL’s cellar-dwelling Buffalo Sabres.

The Senators looked like they might finish with a flourish two weeks ago when they beat the Panthers and the Lightning on consecutive nights in Florida, then returned home to deliver an overtime victory over the Dallas Stars.

However, since then they have been outscored 28-11 while dropping a half dozen games.

All that’s left to see is what pick the Senators wind up with in the draft lottery April 28, and which of their players will be headed to the world hockey championships in Denmark from May 4-20.

Winger Ryan Dzingel confirmed he’s been asked by Team USA, but says he’ll have to mull over the decision because he’s been dealing with some personal family matters over the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, the Senators want to grab on to something positive in their final six games.

“It’s a lot about trying to come together with the guys who are going to be here (next year),” Dzingel told Postmedia on Wednesday. “There’s not one thing I can pinpoint that’s got to change. It’s tough to pinpoint what’s going on, but we believe in the guys in the locker room.

“This summer, we’ll see what happens. But we’re just trying to stick together and feed off each other and play together.”

The Senators dipped into the college ranks Wednesday to sign forward Andrew Sturtz, the leading scorer at Penn State, to a two-year entry level deal. Sturtz will attend Ottawa’s camp in the fall.

Note: While many NBA fans have said if LeBron James‘ supporting cast did more Tarik Cohen Jersey Youth , the Cavs would be more competitive. BJ Armstrong, a former member of Jordan’s supporting cast, shares his perspective. Armstrong says everything new is old, everything LeBron is Jordan. His take on James and the Cavaliers:

The NBA Finals are giving me a feeling of deja vu. Everyone keeps saying all LeBron James needs is help. Maybe true but, with the greatest respect, he also needs to help himself.

In 1989-90 I became one of the group known as the Jordanaires, a/k/a the Bulls. From the day I arrived in Chicago, I knew what everyone else on the team did: Michael Jordan was a phenomenal talent. Yet, as the team deferred to MJ’s talent, we could not get past the hurdle of defeating the ”Bad Boys” Pistons in the conference finals. Seeing the Cavs in these Finals, I’m seeing the way we were playing then. It’s textbook isolation basketball. Back in the last century, MJ would get the ball and the rest of us on the team would all stand around while he scored. It was a sight to see Roquan Smith Jersey , but it wasn’t team basketball. What it was was all of us enabling MJ to showcase his best individual talent.

At some point, MJ realized that, as great as he was, he alone could not beat the Pistons. That’s what the Jordan Rules were all about – employing a defensive scheme with the sole purpose of limiting hero basketball. Similarly, LeBron has to commit to the team’s system of play. So far, he’s been incredible, but he’s not been a willing participant in the team. This is where trust comes in. He has to trust the system.

It reminds me of when everyone was telling Jordan he didn’t have enough to win. His teammates just weren’t good enough – me being one of them. What was really missing was the trust to win. Once MJ found that trust, we beat the Pistons and went on to win the NBA championship many times over. In doing so, MJ discovered that his teammates WERE good enough, because he was part of the team.

Greatness is empowered in a system where you pass the ball, not pound it. Everyone has to be committed to this system. The best player on the team has to realize that he needs the team in order to win – and I don’t mean passing the ball when he gets double-teamed. He, and everyone else Evander Kane Sharks Jersey , has to buy into the system. MJ passed me the ball not because he was being double-teamed, but because he trusted we were playing together as a group. Michael’s greatness was, in part, knowing how to move the pieces on the board in the triangle offense system of play. Isolation basketball will always be part of the game. But the system has to be predicated on ball movement and, more importantly, player movement.

LeBron James has proven he can lead by example. My wish for LeBron is to understand the following: He’s an exceptional leader because he leads by example. The next step on the road to Legend, which he’s already on, is to trust he’s the best player in the best system anywhere in basketball. Then his coach, the system and his teammates – the TEAM – will be good enough to win.

douhua2233

Torna a Ritrovo